Children love to help… so let your little one roll the Apricot Balls in coconut, for a festive treat at Christmas time!
- 1 packet plain sweet biscuit - such as milk arrowroots
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk - skimmed is fine also and better for you
- 20 apricots - approximately
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Place the biscuits inside a plastic bag, wrapped inside another bag and if desired a third bag to prevent the crumbs escaping from over zealous crushing. Allow your little one to bang, crash and rolling pin the biscuits until they are small crumbs. Pour into mixing bowl.
- Using a pair of kitchen scissors cut the apricots into small pieces (you may need a couple of extra apricots for samples). Add to the mixing bowl.
- Pour condensed milk and 3/4 cup of the coconut into the mixing bowl.
- Let your little one have fun mixing all the ingredients together but they may need a bit of a hand as it is quite stiff towards the end.
- Using 2 teaspoons, scrape a teaspoon full of mixture into a container of the remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Have your little helper roll the mixture until it is coated in the coconut and then place apricot balls onto the tray.
- Place the tray of apricot balls in your refrigerator for 30 - 90 minutes to make them nice and firm and chewy. YUM!