Banana-Strawberry Ice Creams
Ice cream is great in summer.
- 10 Strawberries
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 125 Mls Full Cream Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- A Bullet Mixer or Blender
- 12 Ice Pop Sticks and Plastic Shot Glasses - See Note.
- Have your little one wash the strawberries and then using a plastic knife slice the green stem from the top of each strawberry and place it in the mixer.
- Show your little one how to measure 125mls of milk and add this to the blender.
- Have your little one peel the banana and measure 1tbs of honey and add this to the mixer and blend all ingredients until well combined.
- Share the mixture evenly among the 12 shot glasses and have your little one place an ice pop stick in each.
- Place the shot glasses on a tray in the freezer for at least four hours to set.
Note: As young children take longer to eat an ice block than an adult it tends to melt before they finish it leading to mess, loss of the ice block and general upset. Using this method of a disposable shot glass (available at Big W; K-Mart; Go Lo and the Reject Shop) and an Ice Pop Stick the ice block is small enough to be eaten before it melts or can be returned to the cup and eaten with spoon should the need arise.