Perfect for a rainy day inside, your little one can help crush the biscuits, stir the mixture and roll the balls in coconut… a good way to burn calories before a well deserved treat!
- 1 packet plain sweet biscuit - such as milk arrowroots
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk - skimmed is fine also and better for you
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Place the biscuits inside a plastic bag, wrapped inside another bag and if desired a third bag to prevent the crumbs escaping from over zealous crushing. Allow your little one to bang, crash and roll the biscuits until they are small crumbs. Pour into mixing bowl.
- Pour condensed milk; cocoa powder and 3/4 cup of coconut into mixing bowl.
- Let your little one have fun mixing but they may need a bit of a hand as it is quite stiff towards the end.
- Using 2 teaspoons, scrape teaspoons full of mixture into a container of the remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Have you little helper roll the mixture until it is coated in the coconut and then you roll it into balls and place it on the tray.
- Place tray in the fridge for at least half an hour to firm up.