Colouring-In Competition Information
Terms and Conditions
- The colouring-in competition runs every month.
- Open to all ages - there are four kids categories, a parents category and a family category - entries from children with a disability are also very welcome - parents and carers please alert us to your child's special circumstances on the back of their entry if you wish this to be considered when judging the merits of their entry.
- Judging based on the MERIT of the individual entry ie; if you are a 50 yr old artist, you may be competing against a 4 yr old but we won’t be too worried if they go outside the lines.
- Entrants from SA do not require a colouring-in form, they can do a hand drawn facsimile of the colouring competition and send it through.
- Notable entries will be displayed on our own website and potentially at our sponsor’s outlet.
- Prizes subject to change at any time. We also reserve the right to offer a substitute prize of comparable value if for some reason, the advertised prize is not available.
- Entries may be submitted via post or via email (scan and submit).
Judging Australia's biggest and best colouring in competition is far from easy so we have created some judging guidelines to help make the process fair and consistent.
Some of the things we look for are:
- Energy, vitality and evidence you had fun!
- Interesting and beautiful colours (but if you only have a grey pencil or dodgy blue biro - be creative and you just never know).
- Shading and line style (squiggly, straight, boxy, crosshatch).
- Mixed media (Pens, pencils, crayon, pasta sauce, collage elements, coffee - pretty much anything goes - be as creative as you like).
- Your own pictures in our pictures (are you a budding artist - add in your own elements to the picture - draw in what you like or flip the page and draw something completely different! Just remember to colour it in).
- A letter on the back of your entry - tell us what you think, tell us a story, tell us why you would like to win or deserve to win - tell us anything at all, we love getting letters!
Have fun kids and remember, you can download and submit any of our 'official' colouring in sheets to be in the running for prizes in your category.